Zammad is an open-source helpdesk platform with big ambitions to be the best of its kind. With technical founder Martin Edenhofer at the helm, Zammad empowers teams around the world to provide the kind of next-level customer service that keeps people coming back.
The proof is in the pudding: with 2,000 GitHub stars, 5,000 active installations, and a community with steady, sustainable growth since its inception in 2016, Zammad has built a reputation of rock-solid reliability that our users depend on to ensure success at the frontlines of their business. You can’t buy that kind of trust.
Interested? Read on, and reach out if you’d like to have a hand in shaping the future of Zammad.
As a Zammad Consultant / Key Account Manager, you will work with prospective clients to assess their needs and advise them on Zammad’s suitability for them. You will help with adoption and oversee any future projects arising from those customer relationships. And since switching helpdesk systems is no easy task, as a consultant, you will also be responsible for the customer’s base installation, customization, and individualized extensions to the core product.
As Second-Level Support Agent, you are also the contact person for customer requests regarding installation, configuration, usage, and extension of the system beyond the initial phase. You will work closely with the engineering team to answer them.
In this hybrid role, you will:
- support new customers through the adoption or migration process, from initial demos to setup, configuration, deployment, and beyond;
- take charge of contracts for development of custom Zammad extensions, from conception to installation to configuration to follow-up review workshops;
- organize customer goals and take over project planning and execution;
- plan and host workshops and trainings (both remote and on-site); and
- (⚠️ IMPORTANT) be the contact person for your key accounts/customers.
- a strong technical background
- a strong customer service orientation
- a talent for sales and customer acquisition
- good written and spoken language skills (in German and English; another foreign language is a plus)
- a methodical, structured, and organized approach to work
- high standards for the quality of your own work
- the kind of personality that radiates confidence and wisdom, and always has an answer for everything
- team spirit
- a taste for life on the road (this position requires frequent travel)
Yes, we’re asking a lot. This is a demanding role, and we’re looking for the
very best to fill it!
Show us what you’ve got
In addition to a résumé/CV and cover letter, be sure to include the following:
- a taste of your sales talent—show us you can sell our customers on the product by selling us on you as a consultant
- stories of your successes and failures as a Key Account Manager or Software Consultant (Best Practices and Fuckups)
What’s in it for you?
Naturally, with the position comes the opportunity to 1) leave your mark on Zammad during a phase of intensive development and growth and 2) help shape our future together.
On top of that:
- As an agile, open-source company, our team is built around a flat hierarchy that gives you the latitude to pursue your own ideas.
- You will be part of a close-knit, international team with an uncanny sense of unity.
- Last but not least, you will enjoy the unbeatable freedom of remote work and flexible hours under management that does everything it can to support you in achieving your best work.