Zammad is an open-source helpdesk platform with big ambitions to be the best of its kind. With technical founder Martin Edenhofer at the helm, Zammad empowers teams around the world to provide the kind of next-level customer service that keeps people coming back.
The proof is in the pudding: with 2,000 GitHub stars, 5,000 active installations, and a community with steady, sustainable growth since its inception in 2016, Zammad has built a reputation of rock-solid reliability that our users depend on to ensure success at the frontlines of their business. You can’t buy that kind of trust.
Interested? Read on, and reach out if you’d like to have a hand in shaping the future of Zammad.
Come Join as IT Operations System Admin
In broad strokes, Zammad is an open platform—a business communication hub unifying various communication channels between customers and service staff. To some, it’s a self-hosted, open-source application. To others, it’s a turnkey SaaS product available by subscription at https://zammad.com.
As a system administrator, you will:
- work with the team on our SaaS management system for provisioning and billing processes;
- build API integrations between our SaaS management system and third-party systems;
- review and sort all IT-related questions that arise in the course of daily work; and
- build and maintain cross-functional relationships with other teams to best turn ideas into reality.
- experience with automation & scripting
- the ability to design and implement auditing workflows
- a penchant for automating repetitive tasks
- proven experience with PostgreSQL, NGINX and Postfix
- proficiency with Git and Ruby
- the flexibility to adapt to a tech stack that evolves as we scale up our operations
Show us what you’ve got
In addition to a résumé/CV and cover letter, be sure to include the following:
- your scars and stories from past battles in system administration, lost as won
- the social and communication skills that will make you an effective addition to our remote-first team
What’s in it for you?
Naturally, with the position comes the opportunity to 1) leave your mark on Zammad during a phase of intensive development and growth and 2) help shape our future together.
On top of that:
- As an agile, open-source company, our team is built around a flat hierarchy that gives you the latitude to pursue your own ideas.
- You will be part of a close-knit, international team with an uncanny sense of unity.
- Last but not least, you will enjoy the unbeatable freedom of remote work and flexible hours under management that does everything it can to support you in achieving your best work.