Zammad is an open-source helpdesk platform with big ambitions to be the best of its kind. With technical founder Martin Edenhofer at the helm, Zammad empowers teams around the world to provide the kind of next-level customer service that keeps people coming back.
The proof is in the pudding: with 2,000 GitHub stars, 5,000 active installations, and a community with steady, sustainable growth since its inception in 2016, Zammad has built a reputation of rock-solid reliability that our users depend on to ensure success at the frontlines of their business. You can’t buy that kind of trust.
Interested? Read on, and reach out if you’d like to have a hand in shaping the future of Zammad.
A customer service agent for customer service agents—how’s that for meta?
Zammad isn’t just a monthly-subscription SaaS product; as an open-source application, it’s available for free to anyone that wants to run it on their own hardware instead. That means customer questions can run the gamut, from “Where do I change my password?” to “How do I fix these unresolved package dependency errors on Debian when trying to install via
As a second-level support agent, you will:
- answer customer questions about usage, system configuration, and expansion options;
- advise on and facilitate customer migrations from other helpdesk systems; and
- advocate for customer and community needs to our product development team.
In short, your work will help customers get the most out of our product and provide the interface between our customers and the product development team.
- a strong customer service orientation
- a confident demeanor and professional appearance
- the ability to interpret complex customer requirements and present them to the product development team as well-defined user stories
- good spoken and written language skills (in German and English)
- experience with Linux, Git, SQL, ssh, and bash
- resilience in the face of turbulent projects
- a methodical, structured, and organized approach to work
- team spirit, a knack for troubleshooting, and hands-on enthusiasm
- people skills
Show us what you’ve got
In addition to a résumé/CV and cover letter, be sure to include the following:
- evidence of your ability as a communicator and problem-solver
- stories of your successes and failures on the job (Best Practices and Fuckups)
What’s in it for you?
Naturally, with the position comes the opportunity to 1) leave your mark on Zammad during a phase of intensive development and growth and 2) help shape our future together.
On top of that:
- As an agile, open-source company, our team is built around a flat hierarchy that gives you the latitude to pursue your own ideas.
- You will be part of a close-knit, international team with an uncanny sense of unity.
- Last but not least, you will enjoy the unbeatable freedom of remote work and flexible hours under management that does everything it can to support you in achieving your best work.