Zammad is an open-source helpdesk platform with big ambitions to be the best of its kind. With technical founder Martin Edenhofer at the helm, Zammad empowers teams around the world to provide the kind of next-level customer service that keeps people coming back.
The proof is in the pudding: with 2,000 GitHub stars, 5,000 active installations, and a community with steady, sustainable growth since its inception in 2016, Zammad has built a reputation of rock-solid reliability that our users depend on to ensure success at the frontlines of their business. You can’t buy that kind of trust.
Interested? Read on, and reach out if you’d like to have a hand in shaping the future of Zammad.
Our developers are independent, self-organized, and agile. Despite the physical distance, you will work in close cooperation with product managers, designers, and other developers to fulfill the company’s mission of enabling our users to offer an unmatched customer service experience, every single day.
As a front-end developer, you will:
- improve the overall experience of using Zammad by fixing, optimizing, and extending front-end functionality;
- identify areas for improvement in the codebase;
- coordinate on new features with the UX, back-end engineering, and product management teams;
- triage, label, and fix reported issues;
- present high-quality code to your front-end engineering manager for all assignments; and
- engage in a mutual learning process as you work closely with other front-end developers.
In short, your work will give life to the experience of using our platform.
- experience building user interfaces for the web
- experience with REST APIs for the development and use of browser-based web applications
- strong written communication skills
- high standards of quality for your own work
- self-confidence and strong organizational habits
- initiative and follow-through on assignments (or, “Don’t wait to be asked”)
- a growth mindset, actively seeking new learning opportunities and sharing and receiving constructive feedback on an ongoing basis (or, “Stay hungry”)
- an interest in code optimization and solving performance problems
- experience with modern frontend frameworks (e.g. Svelte, React, Vue, Angular, etc.) and a history of contribution to open source software
- basic knowledge of Ruby on Rails
Show us what you’ve got
In addition to a résumé/CV and cover letter, be sure to include the following:
- your scars and stories from past battles on the front-end, both lost and won
- the strongest projects in your portfolio
- the social and communication skills that will make you an effective addition to our remote-first team
What’s in it for you?
Naturally, with the position comes the opportunity to 1) leave your mark on Zammad during a phase of intensive development and growth and 2) help shape our future together. On top of that:
- As an agile, open-source company, our team is built around a flat hierarchy that gives you the latitude to pursue your own ideas.
- You will be part of a close-knit, international team with an uncanny sense of unity.
- Last but not least, you will enjoy the unbeatable freedom of remote work and flexible hours under management that does everything it can to support you in achieving your best work.
Junior Front-End Developer
Location: Berlin / Remote
Starting Date: Now!
Gear of choice
Free time management
Open Source Company
Vacation, insurance, tax