Zammad is an open-source helpdesk platform with big ambitions to be the best of its kind. With technical founder Martin Edenhofer at the helm, Zammad empowers teams around the world to provide the kind of next-level customer service that keeps people coming back.
The proof is in the pudding: with over 3,900 GitHub stars, 100,000 active installations and a community with steady, sustainable growth since its inception in 2016, Zammad has built a reputation of rock-solid reliability that our users depend on to ensure success at the frontlines of their business. You can’t buy that kind of trust.
Interested? Read on, and reach out if you’d like to have a hand in shaping the future of Zammad.
Zammad is on the lookout for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join our agile team. We're scaling up our helpdesk platform, renowned for its robust reliability and superior customer service capabilities. If you're passionate about crafting software that makes a difference and well-versed in agile practices, we're excited to hear from you.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will:
- Develop and maintain features across the full stack, ensuring a seamless experience from front to back.
- Enhance the user interface and experience of Zammad using Vue.js, crafting responsive, intuitive, and accessible web applications.
- Build and optimize back-end functionalities with Ruby on Rails, ensuring efficient, scalable, and maintainable code.
- Work closely with UX/UI designers to translate visual concepts into functional online experiences.
- Collaborate with product managers and back-end engineers to brainstorm and implement new features.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software, addressing both front-end and back-end issues.
- Contribute high-quality code reviews and engage with the team for continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
In short, your work will give life to the experience of using our platform.
- Demonstrated expertise in full stack development, with advanced skills in modern front-end frameworks (e.g. Vue.js, Svelte, React or Angular) paired with a robust proficiency in backend development using Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with REST APIs.
- A commitment to high-quality coding standards and organizational practices.
- Proactivity and the ability to take initiative and follow through on the product development.
- Strong familiarity with agile principles and a track record of working effectively with a Product Owner and SCRUM team.
- A continuous learner's attitude, eagerly embracing both teaching and learning opportunities.
- Familiarity with GraphQL APIs.
- A background in contributing to open-source products.
- Experience with TailwindCSS.
- Experience with TypeScript.
In addition to a résumé/CV and cover letter, be sure to include the following:
- Your scars and stories from past battles on the front-end, both lost and won.
- The strongest projects in your portfolio.
- The social and communication skills that will make you an effective addition to our remote-first team.
Embrace the opportunity to make a significant impact at Zammad during a dynamic phase of growth. You'll be empowered to:
- Innovate within a flat hierarchy, where your ideas and initiative are highly valued.
- Become an integral part of an international, tight-knit team that thrives on collaboration and unity.
- Enjoy the flexibility and freedom of remote work, supported by management committed to helping you do your best work.
On top of that:
- As an agile, open-source company, our team is built around a flat hierarchy that gives you the latitude to pursue your own ideas.
- You will be part of a close-knit, international team with an uncanny sense of unity.
- Last but not least, you will enjoy the unbeatable freedom of remote work and flexible hours under management that does everything it can to support you in achieving your best work.