Zammad is an open-source helpdesk platform with big ambitions to be the best of its kind. With technical founder Martin Edenhofer at the helm, Zammad empowers teams around the world to provide the kind of next-level customer service that keeps people coming back.
The proof is in the pudding: with 2,000 GitHub stars, 5,000 active installations, and a community with steady, sustainable growth since its inception in 2016, Zammad has built a reputation of rock-solid reliability that our users depend on to ensure success at the frontlines of their business. You can’t buy that kind of trust.
Interested? Read on, and reach out if you’d like to have a hand in shaping the future of Zammad.
In its current form, Zammad’s UI was originally conceived by a design agency—but with your help, we’re ready to take it to the next level with the formation of a dedicated UX/UI Department.
As a UX/UI/Product Designer, you will:
- develop a systematic design process using surveys, interviews, personas, journey maps, storyboards, and competitor analysis;
- use this design process to refine, improve, and redesign the existing Zammad UX and UI;
- advocate for your design proposals using wireframes, mockups, and prototypes;
- participate in design reviews, giving and receiving constructive feedback;
- stage your design changes incrementally to suit our monthly release cycle;
- review and approve implementations of your design as part of this monthly release process;
- review projects together with the team to guide progress toward major milestones;
- support the engineering team in the creation of usability tests;
- proactively identify usability problems (both large and small) within your stage group;
- drive product development with ideas for features and improvements; and
- take an active role in your professional development, staying up-to-date with the latest UI/UX techniques, tools, and methods.
In short, your work will mark the debut of Zammad’s UX/UI Department, harnessing your creative energy in partnership with the engineering team to optimize the Zammad user experience.
- a black belt in modern design tools like Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD
- a solid understanding of responsive design and the technologies underlying it
- deep knowledge of the theory and practice of design systems
- ability to work independently without supervision, showing planning and initiative for complex assignments
- an understanding of the requirements unique to designing an open-source platform
- ability to communicate your vision and solutions to non-designers
Show us what you’ve got
In addition to a résumé/CV and cover letter, be sure to include the following:
- your design portfolio
- that you possess the social and communication skills to work effectively as a member of our remote-first team
What’s in it for you?
Naturally, with the position comes the opportunity to 1) leave your mark on Zammad during a phase of intensive development and growth and 2) help shape our future together. On top of that:
- As an agile, open-source company, our team is built around a flat hierarchy that gives you the latitude to pursue your own ideas.
- You will be part of a close-knit, international team with an uncanny sense of unity.
- Last but not least, you will enjoy the unbeatable freedom of remote work and flexible hours under management that does everything it can to support you in achieving your best work.
Location: Berlin / Remote
Starting Date: Now!
Gear of choice
Free time management
Open Source Company
Vacation, insurance, tax